Some Christmas Thoughts
Things I Like About Christmas:
- Christmas cookies
- A general increase of civility during the Christmas season.
- Luciano Pavarotti’s O Holy Night album. Yes, I have it on vinyl.
- Snow that falls on Christmas Eve and melts on Christmas Day.
- Wrapping Christmas presents.
- Getting pleasantly tipsy at family gatherings
- Fake Christmas trees that look like they are made out of green toilet bowl brushes.
- The movie Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck.
- Hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps.
Things I Hate About Christmas:
- Christmas sweaters
- People complaining that the “Happy Holidays” greeting is anti-Christian.
- Cheesy secular Christmas carols—Rudolph and Frosty should never be sung by anyone older than a preschooler.
- Shoveling two feet of snow off my driveway.
- Stores being closed on Christmas day so you can’t go shopping.
- Family gatherings
- Real Christmas trees that have pinecones still attached.
- The movie Christmas in Connecticut with Dyan Cannon. This dog was directed by Arnold Schwarzenegger. [Sorry about the leg Arnold.]
- Eggnog—a vile beverage that should only be served with fruitcake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home