My Favorite Quotes
- If you can’t say something good about someone, sit right here by me. — Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- He is a self-made man who worships his creator. — Henry Clapp, Jr. (Describing Horace Greeley)
- It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. — Jane Austen (Opening line of Pride and Prejudice.)
- Sometimes you just have to say fuck’em. — Jonathan Lambert
- I can either run the country or control Alice, but I can’t do both. — Theodore Roosevelt (answering a critic of his daughter Alice Roosevelt [Longworth])
- Religion is nothing but wishful thinking. — Self quote
- In the room the women come and go // Talking of Michelangelo. — T.S. Eliot, “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!— Network (1976; Howard Beale [Peter Finch])
- I’m bigger than you, stronger than you, and I will ALWAYS beat you. — Mommie Dearest (1981; Joan Crawford (Faye Dunaway) addressing Christina Crawford after a swimming race.)
- But, do I look good? — Less Than Zero (Blair (Jamie Gertz) responding to Clay Easton’s (Andrew McCarthy) comment: Are you happy, Blair? You don t look happy.)
- Los Angeles is forty suburbs in search of a downtown. — Unknown
- She’s such a nice girl. She sews her own clothes. — Unknown (Description used to describe a potential blind date; thereafter used to describe an unattractive woman.)
- For you, such a deal. — Unknown

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home